Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Song for a Crappy Tuesday

Over the past few days, time has slipped out of my hands like a greased water balloon. On Saturday, I was so sick I couldn't stand it. I don't think I've been that unable to move since I was twelve. I'd close my eyes and lose time, conversations were difficult to maintain.

As a result, I've become anxious over whether or not "I'll get it all done." Get all what done? What's going to happen if "it" doesn't get done?

I've been hearing a lot of people lately expressing a similar anxiety - they've got to get it done (whatever that it may be) before time runs out.

I sort of blame Al Gore for this heightened sense of finality. I saw a couple of years ago "An Inconvenient Truth" and afterwards, everything had a deadline on it. As we rush, with increasing speed, towards the giant globular meltdown ahead...who is going to do these FUCKING DISHES? WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO RUN TO THE GROCERY? THESE TOENAILS AREN'T GOING TO PAINT THEMSELVES.

With all this rushing around, I fumble, make mistakes...grasping so tightly to that oily water balloon just makes me drop it. I become thoughtless of myself and others.

I'm going to try to stop doing that this Tuesday.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites