Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Satisfaction

Note found in a very old Palm Pilot:

Why do I keep eating unsatisfying food?

This is a consistent wonderment.  Why do I keep eating unsatisfying food?  Sometimes the food isn't food at all.  Sometimes it's books, movies, conversation.  (This is not a reflection of the people with whom one may be conversing.  Grasping their claimed coffee mugs - which were abandoned by former employees- they long for something different.)

Not everything has to be drab imitation, a stand in for the whatchamacallit that pleases most.  And not all satisfaction is going to arrive in a handsome cab, ready to trot us off into sunsetted oblivion.  

To wit:

1. Coca Cola in an old timey Coca Cola Glass.

2. Oriental Flavor Ramen Noodles

3.  A good pair of socks with no holes in them. (In my house, this is indeed a rare accident.)

4.  Any sort of creamy soup making a clean escape from the can in one glop.

5.  Watching an upright stick of butter melt its way down on a hot skillet, like the Wicked Witch of the West.  (This was one of the first times, in living on my own, that I took advantage of not having to "answer to anybody".  Once I started I couldn't stop.  I don't buy butter very often now.)

Of course, any of these things combined might make my head blow off.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites