Thursday, May 21, 2009

Random Thoughts

1.  According to the packing on Pearson's Salted Nut Roll, it is a good source of protein. 

 

The vending machine was stocked full of them, and despite these health claims, the salty bars wait while Pop Tarts and Skittles are chosen.  The Salted Nut Roll is from a different time and cannot understand why everyone is laughing.

I was no different.  I chuckled and pointed as I purchased the Wheat Thins.


2.  In researching the Nut Roll, I also discovered the Nut Goodie
Poor guy.

3.  
4. Favorite word this week:

au⋅then⋅tic

[aw-then-tik]  Show IPA
–adjective
1.not false or copied; genuine; real: an authentic antique.
2.having the origin supported by unquestionable evidence; authenticated; verified: an authentic document of the Middle Ages; an authentic work of the old master.
3.entitled to acceptance or belief because of agreement with known facts or experience; reliable; trustworthy: an authentic report on poverty in Africa.
4.Lawexecuted with all due formalities: an authentic deed.
5.Music.
a.(of a church mode) having a range extending from the final to the octave above. Compare plagal.
b.(of a cadence) consisting of a dominant harmony followed by a tonic.
6.Obsoleteauthoritative.


5.  Least Favorite word

Grub.






3 comments:

rebar said...

I have to admit. I am a fan of the Nut Roll. I've yet to meet a PayDay bar that wasn't delicious AND nutritious.

And yes, I am from the stone age of junk food.

joe g said...

didn't know about those last couple of meanings for "authentic." Fascinating.

I have of late, though wherefore I know not, taken a liking to the Take Five bar. But PayDays are awesome.

Dianna said...

::coughcoughPecanNutRollcoughcough::

::looks up::

what?


Menchies (n) - new target group, specifically designed to target the munchie market toward men (i.e. beef jerky, et al)
(not to be confused with Menschies, the new style of Kosher Potato Chips)

 
Add to Technorati Favorites