Friday, September 18, 2009

An Honest Deception

I have no idea what this is for, or what it will turn into. It's just a scene I started working my way through - but obviously it is still in its pupa stage.

One day it will turn into a beautiful butterfly. Or head lice...


A Job interview:

A: So you were fired?

B: Yes.

A: From your last job.

B: That's right.

A: Because you said you had head lice?

B: That's right.

A: Did you just SAY you had head lice or -

B: Yes. I said I had head lice.

A: But did you have them?

B: I said I did.

A: I understand that but...did you actually have them? The, uh, lice?

B: Oh...no.

A: What were the circumstances?

B: Pardon?

A: Well...did you say "I have head lice" as a joke or was it an honest deception?

(Pause.)

B: An honest deception?

A: That's what I said.


(ABRUPT END)

1 comment:

Dianna said...

nothing like reading a scene that gives me the overwhelming urge to scratch.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites