Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Song for an Inauguration Tuesday

I don't know how, Tuesday, but you did it. I must admit that the Guidance Counselors here at Putesco High School - myself included - didn't think you'd make much of yourself. To be honest, we figured you were destined to be towards the bottom of your class.

But look at you now. All dressed up, looking smart. Ready to usher in a new era.

I have to say, Tuesday, we're proud of you.



Don't fuck it up.


I'm glad this day is here.

I hope we can keep the vultures of our own cynicism at bay. At least for a while.

This presidential shift means more than policy. More that race. It means possibility. It means change is not some awful trick of the future. It means adventure.

This Tuesday I am proud to be a citizen of the United States.

Good luck, Mr. President.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites